Bidets are becoming more and more popular in the United States. But what are they, exactly? And do you really need one?
The short answer is that yes—if you want to be clean, healthy, and happy—you do.
Bidets have been used for centuries to wash away germs after using the bathroom. They’re also incredibly useful for people with medical conditions that make it difficult to use toilet paper.
Bidets can help prevent infections in general when used in conjunction with hand sanitizer or a washcloth.
In this article, we’ll discuss why bidets are so important to your health and well-being, how they work, and what the benefits are. And, after knowing all these things about bidets, if you would like to give your bathroom a professional upgrade with bidets, then you can call professional plumbing services in Burbank, like Agent Rooter Plumbing.
What is a Bidet?
A bidet is a toilet-like device that can be used for cleaning private areas like your butt and vagina. It’s basically a sink with a sprayer attached.
You might have seen bidet toilets in action if you’ve been to Europe or Asia, but they’re actually pretty common in America, too—they just aren’t as popular as other bathroom fixtures (yet).
This is because bidets are usually more expensive than traditional toilets. But there are also some benefits to using one over the other! For example, bidets allow you to clean yourself without having to touch anything gross (like toilet paper), which is really important for people who don’t like using those types of products on themselves.
Bidets can also help with personal hygiene because they’re always clean and sanitary. And some individuals find them more comfortable than wiping themselves down with toilet paper—especially if they’re pregnant or have hemorrhoids!
Several jokes make fun of bidets. In reality, they are incredibly convenient and beneficial.
Bidets are low-pressure water system that cleans your rear end when you pee or defecate. Bidets are widely used in Europe but have been sluggish to catch on in the United States.
In about 1550, Italian physician Antonio Pacelli devised the contemporary bidet, which he used to cure diseases such as hemorrhoids and constipation.
Because bidets are so new to America, most people don’t know much about their history—but they surely deserve our attention!
5 Benefits of Bidets
Bidets have been around for thousands of years and are utilized in a variety of cultures. They are a staple in many homes. Today, though maybe not as extensively as they might be.
Bidets are pretty convenient and may help you clean much more effectively than toilet paper alone. These are six advantages of bidets:
- Bidets can help you save money. As per a recent study, the average American spends $182 per year on toilet paper alone—and that’s not counting the cost of water, which is actually free and unlimited. So if you’ve been buying TP every week, a bidet can help you save money by getting more out of your washroom experience.
- Bidets keep you healthy by lowering your chances of contracting illnesses or diseases from toilet paper, which contains germs and bacteria that can cause diarrhea and other issues.
- Bidets make it easier for persons with restricted mobility to clean themselves after using the restroom because they eliminate the need for them to bend over or strain themselves needlessly (which could lead to injury).
- Bidets enable you to cleanse yourself before entering public pools or hot tubs so that others are not exposed.
- Bidets are better for your skin than toilet paper. If you’re using dry toilet paper to scrub down after doing your business in the bathroom, there’s a good chance that it’s irritating your skin—and making it more susceptible to breakouts or infections. Bidets use warm water instead of dry paper to keep things nice and clean without irritating sensitive areas like inner thighs or butt cheeks!
How To Use a Bidet?
If you’ve ever wondered how does a bidet works, here’s your answer.
Bidets are not just for those who have trouble wiping. They are for anyone who wants the most hygienic way of cleaning their butt.
If you’re not familiar with how a bidet works, it’s pretty simple. Here’s how to use a bidet:
- The first step in understanding “how to use bidet” is to find a suitable bidet. You must Upgrade to a Bidet from the traditional toilet. Bidets may be attached to your toilet or used independently. It is critical that you select a bidet that complements the style of your bathroom. You should also ensure that it is simple to install and use.
- When you’ve purchased your new bidet, you need to get professional plumbers in Burbank, such as Agent Rooter Plumbing, to install it so that you may use it conveniently every time you want to clean yourself. There should be at least one foot of space between the wall and the back of the seat to allow for movement when sitting on it (this may vary depending on the model). Before utilizing this device for hygienic reasons, switch on the water supply lines (if necessary) to test the operating mechanism and ensure all parts are in good order!
- Then, arrange yourself over the bidet so that when you sit, you are straight and facing ahead. This will help to ensure that your backside is appropriately positioned above the water stream for maximum cleaning efficacy.
- Finally, carefully lower yourself onto the bidet seat until your buttocks are firmly placed on it, being careful not to lean too far back or forward, as this might cause harm or discomfort when cleaning later on!
- Lastly, switch on the water supply using the manual controls placed near where you’re seated (if one exists) or elsewhere close, such as beneath a washbasin near where you’re standing right now.
Time to Call a Professional Plumber to Upgrade Your Bathroom with Bidets!
Bathroom remodeling in Burbank, CA, can be difficult. It’s hard to know what you need to do, how much it will cost, and if you’re going to be able to get everything done on time.
That’s why we’re here! Agent Rooter Plumbing is the best bathroom remodeling in Burbank, CA, has to offer. We’ve been helping people like you make their bathrooms look great for over twenty years, so we know exactly what goes into a great bathroom remodel.
We’ll help you plan out your bathroom renovation in advance so you know exactly what you’re getting into and can budget accordingly. Then, when it comes time for the actual work itself, our expert plumbing solutions provider will be there with tools in hand, ready to give your bathroom the facelift it deserves.
Whether it’s just one fixture or all of them that need replacing or fixing up, our Burbank plumbers have the expertise to handle it all—from fixtures and bidets to toilets, sinks, and faucets alike! And if you want a little extra pizazz for your space but aren’t sure where to start? No problem! We’ll help guide you through some ideas until something catches your eye (or ears!).
Simply call us today at 866-712-4368 to schedule an appointment for a plumbing service in Burbank.