If you’ve ever had a backed-up drain, then you know how frustrating it can be. You try to get out the gunk from your pipes, but that doesn’t seem to work. And then you think of the most innovative solution: Cola.
With so many possible answers, it’s hard to figure out what’s helpful and what’s just a myth.
But does it work? Is this just another urban legend? Or is there a logical reason why cola might be able to help unclog drains?
In this post, we’ll look at the reality of using cola to unclog drains, as well as other successful drain-cleaning procedures.
We will also check out some prevention tips and when it’s time to call a professional drain cleaning services Burbank.
What’s in Coca-Cola?
When you’re thirsty, you want something that’s going to quench your thirst and not leave you with a tummy ache. That’s why Coca-Cola is here for you.
Coca-Cola is the most famous soft drink in the world. It’s sold in over 200 countries, and there are more than 1.9 billion servings sold each day.
Coca-Cola was developed by John Pemberton in 1886, and it’s made from water, sugar, carbonation, caramel coloring, natural flavors, phosphoric acid, and caffeine. The first ingredient is water—which makes up 99% of the drink.
The caffeine gives it a little kick, while the sugar provides a sweet taste that makes the drink enjoyable. And those bubbles?
They come from carbon dioxide (CO2). So what are all those other ingredients on the label, like phosphoric acid and caramel coloring?
Those are just coloring agents that give Coke its distinctive color and flavor.
Will Cola Be Effective?
The short answer is: no.
In reality, it’s far from the optimal solution for unclogging a drain.
The first step to unclog drain is to remove the junk that is creating the obstruction, which requires the use of a plunger.
Plungers work by forcing water up into your pipes, dislodging whatever is clogging them. Coke does not accomplish this. Thus, it will not help clean your drain.
If you use cola to clear a clogged drain, you may end up with more issues than you started with a soda–it can corrode metal pipes, and if it remains in your pipes for too long, it may turn acidic and further harm them.
And if you don’t get all of the Coke out of your system before attempting another technique of drain cleaning, you’ll be stuck with sticky residue on top of everything else!
Our first tip for removing any type of blockage in your plumbing is to contact a professional Burbank drain cleaning plumber.
They’ll be able to inspect the drain, assess the situation at hand, and help figure out what caused the blockage in the drain. They will also be able to offer the best possible solution that will solve the problem permanently.
How to Use Cola to Unclog Drains?
If you’re still interested in using cola to unclog drains, here’s how to use it:
- Pour 2 cups of cola down the drain and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, pour 1 cup of baking soda or purchase drain cleaner Burbank, CA, and 2 cups of boiling water down the drain.
- Let this mixture stay for another 15 minutes before flushing the drain with cold water. This will aid in the removal of any leftover debris from the blockage.
While this procedure may work for mild blockages, it is still not a 100% guaranteed solution.
If your blockage is more serious, or you’re concerned about potential pipe damage or Burbank drain repair, you should look into other options.
Drain Cleaning in Burbank – Other Effective Methods
If you’re looking for a way to keep your drains clean and clear, then try something new other than Cola.
Drain cleaning is a common practice in Burbank, California. This is due to the fact that individuals frequently use the basin or tub to dispose of undesired materials such as hair, food particles, and other small objects that may be readily flushed down the drain but can cause difficulties if left alone. This can lead to clogs and backups and may require professional help from a Burbank plumber at some point in time.
However, there are alternative techniques that you can try apart from using Cola:
- Use a plunger: If you hear water going down the drain but not coming out, this method may be effective for you. It involves placing a plunger over the drain hole with water inside and pushing it up and down repeatedly until all of the clogs have been removed from within. You may need someone else to help with this process since it requires some strength on your part while holding onto both sides at once throughout each push/pull motion; otherwise, it could get messy really fast!
- Put ice cubes down the drain to help solidify any gunk that might be causing the problem.
- Pour baking soda and vinegar down the drain and let them sit for a couple of minutes before running hot water down it (and then rinse). This combination helps break down clogs and mildew build up in your pipes.
5 Tips for Preventing Kitchen Drain Clogs
If you’re like most people in Burbank, CA, you don’t give considerable thought to your kitchen drain. After all, it isn’t the first thing you see when you enter your kitchen—generally, it’s hidden behind the cabinets.
But don’t ignore its significance!
Your kitchen drain is a major part of keeping your house clean and hygienic.
If you want to keep your kitchen drain clog-free, here are five tips from Burbank Plumbers Proven Plumbing Solutions to Drain Clogs and keep it working properly:
- Keep hair and food scraps out of your sink and disposal
- Don’t pour grease down the sink or dispose of food scraps in the garbage disposal
- Keep a garbage can under the sink so that you don’t have to bend over or reach too far to throw away trash
- Use hot water when washing dishes or doing laundry
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings in Burbank, CA, to prevent buildup
Professional Drain Cleaning and Clog Removal in Burbank, CA
If you have a clogged drain, you might need to call a professional. Don’t let your drain get in the way of your day.
We’re here to help you!
We are Agent Rooter, the drain cleaning and clog removal company that has been serving Burbank, CA, residents for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on being able to get to your home or business quickly and then provide you with the best service possible.
Our team of trained professionals will come out to your home or business and assess the situation before starting work on your clog. We’ll use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to clear away any debris that’s in your pipes so they can flow freely once again.
Whether you’re looking for a quick clogged drain fix or an ongoing maintenance plan, our pros will make sure you’re satisfied with the results every time.
If you need drain cleaning or clog removal services in Burbank, CA, call our professional drain cleaning Burbank plumbers at 866-712-4368 right now!